Do you want to be an author or editor on our blog? Here’s a page where you can! On this page, you’ll learn information about how to become an author and/or editor, and different jobs you can have if you don’t want to be one of those 🙂
Read the rules BEFORE you sign up! They’re important!
First off, we can’t let just ANYBODY join our blog. We need to know if they’re sincere, and will really post about Poptropica things. So you have to beat least one of the following:
- An owner/administrator/author/editor of ANY good-standing (meaning up-to-date) Poptropica-related blog, website, or YouTube channel
- An active Poptropica player that has been playing for at least 1 year and has at least 5 islands completed.
If you are not able to complete these requirements, contact Trusty Biker at email@example.com. Also, check back often to see if the requirements have changed 😀
Second, if you do meet one of these requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, 786-Author-Request. You must include any blogs you’re working on, and your Poptropica name and username. If you are uncomfortable giving your username, that’s fine 😀
Third, once you send in your request, we will look over your information and decide if you are right for our blog, and if you meet our requirements. If you do, you will enter Stage 3. That means we will send you an email with an interview form that you must fill out and send back to us.
If the answers on your interview form are what we want, and we think that you’re a right fit for our blog, we will invite you to our blog. When we do that, don’t post any posts until we send you the rules. Then you can do your introductory post and continue posting news and things like that 😀
So, here’s the order for you to become an author/editor. Please note that you may not be able to complete all the steps, and if not, try again another time.
- Check to see if you’ve met at least one of the above requirements
- Email email@example.com with a little information about you, including any blogs that you’re working on and your Poptropica name and username (again, if you’re not comfortable giving your username, you don’t have to.
- Wait until we email you the link for the form to fill out, and then fill out the form.
- Read all the rules that we’ve sent to you, and then make your introductory post
- Have fun posting about Poptropica!
Let’s say you don’t want to be an author/editor. You don’t have time to actively post. That’s where Odd Jobs come in. It’s a little hard to explain, so let me give you an example:
Silver Tomato had lots of extra-curricular activities, and she wanted to be an author on Poptropica Inside and Out. Unfortunately, she didn’t have enough time to actively post about Poptropica News. So she asked for an Odd Job. Every time she had free time, she would text message PIAO. They would use a random number generator to check what job she could have. Sometimes she got Twitter Checker, other times she got Walkthrough Creator. When she got those things, she would do the job that they asked for, and that was all!
Easy, right? Here are a list of jobs and their descriptions. To sign up for the Odd Jobs program, type in tinyurl.com/PIAOOddJobs in your search engine. If that doesn’t work, click here.
- Twitter Checker-Go to Poptropica’s Twitter and check to see if any updates or sneak peeks have been posted.
- Walkthrough Creator-Send fixes, beginnings, or endings of walkthroughs to our email
- Picture Taker- Take pictures for walkthrough or Where am I, or take pictures of updates and/or sneak peeks
We are creating more jobs, but in the meantime, these are all the jobs. If you have an idea for a job, let us know in the comments!
And if you have any questions, let us know!